Last Updated on
If you want to find the best free WordPress theme for your website, you need to consider quite a few aspects, including the following:
- It needs to be a fully responsive theme as more and more people access the web from mobile devices.
- Its features have to showcase your ideas and present your brand in the best light, as well as to connect with your audience on a deeper level.
The price is often a very important factor, especially for businesses that are just starting out. New free WordPress themes emerge each year, offering top features for zero dollars. For that reason, WebDesignCone decided to make a list of the top ten free WordPress themes by category.
Whether you are in the business or food industry, or anything in between, read the article below to find a free WordPress theme for your website.
Business Point – Best for Business
Whether you are a small business or an international company, this free WordPress business theme is a flexible and beautiful solution. Its clean design and a number of elements that motivate customers to engage and contact you will help you increase conversions on your website.
A fully responsive theme, it is great for digital agencies, technology companies, and corporate offices that want to present their services and products to their visitors. Since it is a multipurpose theme, it can also be used for a portfolio, blog, entertainment, landing pages, and all informative websites.
Business Point also offers:
- broken up homepage sections to display a header image, contact info, and services
- social media button integration
- custom background option
- your logo can be adjusted with code and easily changed with a quick image upload
- custom menu, which is essential for easy navigation and interface
- left and right sidebars to include more content on the website
- also, you can use a full-width template with one column to create landing pages for paid advertising
- translation-ready theme
- threaded comments inside the blog that allow conversation and interaction with your visitors
Bluesky – Best for Real Estate
With a contemporary and refined feel, Bluesky is a perfect real estate theme. It allows you to promote recent properties and helps your visitors find their house or apartment rather simply with an integrated, advanced search option.
However, there are a lot more attractive features that Bluesky offers:
- impressive predefined home and internal pages
- options that were exclusively created for the real estate industry
- search feature that follows visitors throughout the entire page
- easy to use and edit
- based on Bootstrap framework
- fully mobile responsive and retina ready
- ensures a smooth and stable website operation, web browser compatibility, and fast loading speed
Airi – Best for Creatives
Airi is a fairly new theme and it is already one of the best options for websites in the internet marketing industry. It is a go-to free WordPress theme for freelancers, agencies, startups, and small businesses.
It offers a beautiful and spacious design with a lot of white space and clean typography. This makes focusing on the content easier for readers, and we all know how important content is for marketing businesses.
Also, if you want to share your business tagline or mission together with a call to action, the header area has a full-width banner that perfectly fits this purpose.
Below is a list of additional Airi theme features:
- responsive and translation-ready theme
- brief section for sharing information about your company like a brief history, geographical area, as well as client reviews/testimonials
- full Elementor integration allowing you to use this free theme for all types of websites and easily add elements/posts to any type of layouts
- WooCommerce integration in case you want to sell products on your website
- Live Customizer that allows playing with colors, backgrounds, and fonts
Study Circle – Best for Education
A powerful education-oriented free WordPress theme, Study Circle supports SEO-friendly platforms and advanced admin panels. It is perfect for schools, colleges, tuition classes, personal blogs, as well as small business websites.
Study Circle has all the basic and essential aspects for webpage building but it also surprises with a few nice features:
- compatibility with WooCommerce, Nextgen Gallery, Contact Form 7, and other popular WordPress plugins
- unlimited homepage sliders and a featured slider
- custom logo option
- boxed layout and portfolio layout to help with customization
- pricing table
- translation ready, which is great in case you have international students
- professional and adaptable
- fully responsive on all devices and screen sizes
Vantage – Best for Portfolio Websites
Looking to create a portfolio or a company website with a clean and professional theme? Check out Vantage.
This free WordPress theme offers a modern and crisp design for creatives, businesses, and all those who want to build an eye-catching portfolio website or a site based on categories. In a word, it is a free multipurpose theme that offers amazing flexibility.
In addition, the Vantage theme boasts:
- seamless WooCommerce integration
- filterable grid display option for photos, artwork, published works, and threaded comments that allows your visitors to easily engage with you and with each other
- close integration with Page Builder and Meta Slider, and a multitude of other powerful plugins, allowing for the creation of an interactive website
- a number of bundled widgets to give you control over each page you build in Page Builder
- responsive design and retina readiness
Spacious – Best for Blogs
If you want to build a blog, portfolio, or a business website, then Spacious is definitely one of your best picks. True to its name, it offers a clean layout and plenty of space for your content.
What’s more, it boasts four page layouts, two page templates, and thirteen widget areas, all of which will come in handy in case you don’t want to spend a lot of time designing your website.
Of course, translation options are there to better connect with people who speak other languages.
Finally, if you need some branding assistance, you can choose between dark and light skin versions.
Leto – Best for Ecommerce
Outstanding ecommerce tools which come free of charge. A stunning shopping cart configuration. A clean, modern layout with a big header image to show promotions and deals. What else could you ask of a free ecommerce theme?
Moreover, Leto is fully compatible with WooCommerce, allows you to reveal a video to explain your company or product, and offers a multitude of customization tools to tweak colors, fonts, typography, and many other elements.
This ecommerce WordPress theme offers a number of Google Fonts that you can switch from the default WordPress customizer, which also comes with Leto.
Other benefits of this theme include built-in translation tools, fast support, constant updates, as well as the live customizer.
VW Fitness – Best for Fitness
A free, responsive, and multipurpose free WordPress theme, VW Fitness offers top-notch features for gyms, yoga centers, sports clubs, as well as other businesses in the health industry.
From various customization options that help you set up the blog section, services section, gallery, and other pages, to the Bootstrap framework that allows you to create a strong website with personalization options, VW Fitness is definitely a theme to consider for all health and fitness websites.
Here are more key features of VW Fitness:
- secure and clean code
- optimized for fast page loading
- integrated WooCommerce
Anariel Lite – Best for Fashion/Lifestyle
If you’re into lifestyle or fashion blogging, the Anariel Lite theme deserves your attention. With a clean layout, modern and stylistic elements, as well as a minimalist design, it puts your content in the foreground and makes it the absolute priority.
If you happen to fall in love with Anariel Lite and would like to upgrade its features, there is also a premium version of this free theme. The premium version includes the Essential Grid Plugin, Revolution Slider, unlimited colors, premium support, as well as more than 700 Google Fonts.
Still, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t check Anariel Lite first as it offers three different typography options and thus adds flavor and variety to your blog.
Here are some additional features of this free WordPress theme:
- fully responsive and retina ready
- multiple layouts such as a grid layout, boxed layout, or a default layout with sidebars
- social integrations and shortcodes
- Google Fonts
- support for audio and video posts
- preconfigured blocks that reduce the time spent on development
Auberge – Best for Food Websites
Finally, if you’re thinking of starting a food blog or business, Auberge is a perfect free WordPress theme. It is responsive and retina ready, which allows users to have great user experience on all devices.
Auberge can do wonders for coffee shops, bakeries, and any other type of food business as it lets you implement the Jetpack plugin to create a food menu.
In addition, Auberge offers:
- translation-ready code for people who don’t speak your language
- customizable colors
- header slideshow to show off your best products and images of your store/business
- threaded comments to interact with your visitors
- different column options to make your content clean and organized